Friday, December 02, 2005

Self denial is not a virtue.

Picture taken 2 Dec 2005 11:18am.

Self denial may be the greatest religious virtue, it is certainly the most pointless, being personally and socially toxic. But then so is being self centred, selfish and egotistical, so it was an enormous pleasure to read this eloquent, sensitive, riveting Blog by Besprent. I cannot remember the last time I came across so sensitive a use of language and personal expression. This quality of self expression draws the reader in and leaves one feeling invigorated and refreshed.

On the same day I happily browsed into Besprents' world I also came across this Blog by Richard Eng. I am a cynical person and my first thoughts were, 'Here we go, I wonder what he's on?' A few posts in and I thought, 'This is a beautiful mind'. I am impressed that Richard should post his Blog under such a title, clearly he is aware and confident enough to know who he is and post accordingly needing none of the convoluted and pointless affirming folderol so many of us (self) indulge in.

I am grateful to them both in my first week of Blogging, I have found them an inspiration and a delight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home